Wednesday, April 7, 2010

March 28 Blog Post

http://www.youtube.com/user/pogobat
This was a great video by Dan Brown. I did read the post by Morgan, but after watching that video it just did not compare. I mean here is a guy that quit school, because it was interfering with his education. I have never thought about the vaule of education. How it has decreased over the years. I believe that Dan is right if Schools don't change, that they will be left behind. And I think that would be horrible. We needs school. Not so children can learn random facts, but to teach them how to find them and help them when they are stuck.

Now I could never quit school my parents would kill me. But I understand why Dan did. I feel the same way about so much he said. I have bought tons of books only to leave them in the wrapper. I would say 90% of my classes have been done by powerpoint. It needs to change to keep up with the times, and as teachers we need to make sure it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment