Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feb. 14 Blog Post

Wired Story
First of I think we can trust Wikis now. I love them. They are a great way to find out information really quickly. Yes there are problems, but I think the wiki scanner will fix most of these. I watched a show the other day called Tosh.O. The host Daniel Tosh has a wiki page about him. So as a joke he told people to go make changes. There where so many done and such bizarre things said. His wiki was removed. So this tells me that there is someone or some program trying to keep order.

What I've Learned by MR. McClung
Mr. McClung did a lot of learning as with all teachers when they first start out. I think that him putting his thoughts and things he learned will help other beginning teachers. I like how he said not to be afraid of technology. Tons of people are and the most get over it to teach in this day and time.

I know that I will go through my own learning process when I start, but hearing other teachers talk about theirs I think will make mine easier. The thing he said about teaching for the students and not administrators. This a big thing that often gets over looked. The students are the ones there to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Good Post. Tosh.O is a great show. I am still sort of up in the air in my opinion of Wikis, but Wikipedia itself seems somewhat sketchy because I do not know who are what is actually monitoring its content.

    ReplyDelete