Sunday, February 7, 2010

Feb. 7 Blog Post

Today I listened to The Benefits of pod casting in the class room. I love the information that is put in this movie. I agree pod casting is a great tool to use in the classroom. But there are some concerns that I do have. If your students can get lessons with out coming to class whats the point in coming. Another is that teacher can not rely on this to much. They need to teach their students.
I loved how the teacher in this video used the podcast and things to make class and stories more interesting. And letting the students create their own is a great way for them to learn. Not only the information but also technology that they will use later in life. So all in all I agree it is great to use pod casting in classrooms. The pros out way the cons.


Go Saints. WHO DAT?

3 comments:

  1. Good job Miles. I hope that by listening to those podcast you now have a better understanding of how to do your own podcast in several weeks. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that teachers need to use podcasts to aid in teacher, but not replace teaching. There are valuable things that come from podcasts, but there are also valuable things that come from teaching the "old-fashion" way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I think that podcasts are a good tool to teach with, but technology is no substitute for a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete