Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feb. 28 Blog Post

Dr. Miller
I like how he starts out by saying he was a writer, yet he is doing videos. He talks about how he loves books and always wanted to work with books. He is a teacher that realizes that education has changed. And he is still a writer, but since he uses the internet his stuff goes out faster and to more people.

As teachers we need to be like him. To matter what our subject is, thanks to technology the way to teach it has changed. Because of the internet things can now be viewed just a few seconds after it was completed. Where as before we would have to wait for a new book to come out to tell us the information.

Wendy Drexler
I love this video. like a lot of the videos we watch it gives tons of information is something simple. I think that this is the where college is headed, high schools it's debatable. I think in college this is a great way to learn about information and also help you for the real world. Some teachers spell everything out, first this then this last this. I think this is great, but once out of school things are not always that structured.

It is a great way for students to learn what they want to. And not just be told what to learn. It is much more fun find something you like a go deeper into the subject. As a teacher, at first, I don't think I will be teaching networked students until I teach at the college level. If I ever teach a college level class then this will be a big part of the way I teach.

Michael Wesch
Whatever! To be honest when I saw that this video was 33 minutes long I almost did not watch it. I'm glad I did. What he said made so much since. And I love how he got a group of students do go out over youtube. Everyone uses youtube in some form or fashion. When I get on it is usually to watch some racing videos or to learn more about some sport I want to play. I really never cared to watch some home video of a child being bit. And I was very surprised to see how many people watched it. Not only watched it but made their own versions. Do these people spend their life youtube, whatever to each his own.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your posts! I liked the way Dr. Miller has transformed himself as technology has developed too! I wonder how different our jobs as educators will be 20 years from now when it comes to technology?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you are saying that we as teachers should change our methods in some fashion to the way technology is changing. Also I agree once kids find something they are interested they will want to research stuff on their own and find things and that in turn helps them learn. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete