Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feb. 21 Blog Post

Dr. Alice
There are so many things that can be done. I looked through her media stuff. From videos, pictures and sounds so much is possible. As teachers we must use the resources that we have. These things make learning more fun. Trust me that it is easier to learn things when they are done in a fun way.

Podcasting and videos are the big thing in media education, but so many overlook pictures. Just plain still pictures. Not just the picture itself, but the art of taking the picture. And yes there is an art to taking a good picture. My mom and I taken a ton of pictures. I love photography it has taught me a lot. Not just about being creative but math also.

iTunesU
iTunesU is a great thing if used in the right mind. Students can learn more at anytime and anywhere they choose. Classes might become a thing of the past. "In my day we had to go to classes for college, not lay in bed on the computer." You can quote me on that. I do believe that eventually this will happen, but not for awhile.

I wish that we had things on iTunesU. I know that Dr. Strange puts somethings on there, but I mean actually class lessons so if I miss a day it will be ok. There are things I like to do and sometimes class gets in the way. With iTunesU I can go do what I want and still go to class.

Dukes iPod
Duke gave a bunch of students iPods, freshmen at that. I think this a great idea. I wish I was at Duke. South is getting in to this. Not giving them out but using them in some classes. Now I will probably never have a class that uses the iPod, but younger students may.

I welcome this full force. I think it is great and hopefully trickle down into high schools. Apple has made a product that was meant for music and fun, into one of the best teaching aids. Administers and teachers need not hold back progress, but welcome it.

2 comments:

  1. I love what you said. So simple and to the point, no unnecessary information. I agree with you about this. I think its quite amazing, using i pods now for educational purposes. I think it will definitely trickle down like you said, I think that by the time we are teachers it will be a vital tool to teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your post as well, It would be nice to be at Duke. I like the information given you really covered the topics well.

    ReplyDelete